Friday, February 11, 2005

It is raining again!

Yep, it is raining in good old Tucson again. Beep, beep, beep. Weather advisory in effect for the desert. It is going to rain so put the chains on your tires, stock up on groceries, get out your rain shovels, find your rain gear, and oh ya, school is out for a "rain day." People are nuts down here. Throw some water on them and you would swear that it was a scene out of the Wizard of Oz. "Oh, what a cruel world. Look at me, I'm melting, melting." What in the hell happens down here when it snows? I think they just die or something.
Of course, I am trying to get back on the bike and as soon as I start to the weather changes to rain. So, either I am actually injured or it rains a bunch. Now riding in the rain is o.k with me but one must first understand Tucson street design. See, Tucson really has no storm sewers. Instead they have these low spots on all the roads that just fill up with water. Biking through these is fine but the car drivers see you doing this and decide to power it up through the puddle themselves. You are left very well soaked and saluting them with a friendly hate gesture.
The achilles is the achilles and that is all I am going to say on that. I am going into silent mode about my injury now. However, I am fat so you can chew on that one for awhile.
Andy Kruse just got down here and bought himself a killer inflatable bed. It is just a apartment full of inflatable beds, bikes, and food. Oh, and laptops too. Sheer ingredients for boredom.
Today was the first time I have been to the Tucson Airport. Wow, there are a lot of handicap spots there. I wonder why? And hey? What is up with the mean ass handicap driver around here? They are seriously out to get me to join their ranks. Peace brothers and sisters, peace!
Lance was on Oprah today and I really don't care what you think of him but he has a life like no others. He had a lady todaywho is dealing with cancer literally just about on her knees crying to him about how much he means to her. You had to see it. Hell, Sheryl was in the behind them crying. I found it incredibly emotional and have no idea how Lance handles these moments. Does he have any idea how many different ways people look up to him? Wow man. That shit is crazy.
Anyway, hmmm, lets see. Later from Tucson, land of.........oh ya, U.S. Postal carriers who magically never have any mail for you even though all your credit card are coming due. -Ian

No comments: