Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Alpine Valley


Man, thank God there is a fourth step on those mountain bike podiums. I finished fourth on Sunday at the WORS Alpine Valley MTB race. The course got a good two hour dump on it the night before which kept things slick in the wood. Being that I don't have a permanent WORS plate I was forced to line up mid-pack. We took off up a steep climb when the rider in front of me uncleated. After I recovered I sprinted to the top to get a respectable spot going into the single track. Lap after lap I kep plugging away trying to catch whoever I could catch. When it was all done I had caught all but three. I won my age group and took fourth in the race. The Tour of 10,000 Lakes is this weekend and we have the team to win this and take some other high GC spots. First, I have to get everyone communicating. Star Wars Revenge of the Sith really didn't do anything for me. Hey, it was better than the last two but it still will never touch "A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi." Lucas just seems to be missing some of the key ingredients that made those early movies so great. Hell, even the nobody actors back then could act better than these so-called famous actors in the new movies. Only Ewan McGregor is actually acting with any skill. Well, my wheel is officially destroyed from Joe Martin so my sorry broke ass has to pro-form some new wheels. It is cheaper than getting them rebuilt. More Bontrager Race X-Lites. Great wheels. Later -Ian Posted by Hello

No comments: