Monday, May 09, 2005

Where have I been?

Yep, I have been a bit quiet lately. I can thank the new full-time job I started a couple of weeks ago writing research papers. Well, today marked the end of those suckers...for now. I have one more semester to go and I think I have t omove back to Colorado to finish it off.
Last weekend the team raced the Loon State RR. It was the windiest race yet and required some serious wattage to keep it all together. To make a 88 mile story short I ended up in a 7-man break for the line. After getting fourth wheel I had to bridge a gap to second wheels. I sat on and duked it out for the sprint and took third. Learning lesson? When closing the gap that close to the line keep it rolling! Great race thought.
Wednesday I take off for the Joe Martin Stage Race in Fayetteville, Arkansas. It is going to be a tough race but I feel like I have good form coming on. The big teams will be there so I will have to become an observant leech and make the right move with the right guys. Nobody on my team is coming with me so I am flying solo. I get to suck up all the gas costs, hotel costs, and whatever else could have been shared. This better be worth it. I would have liked some of our team to go. This race is primarily sponsored by Nature Valley Granola Bars (our sponsor). I thought it would have been good P.R. for our team and the future of our sponsorship. What can I do? I will have to represent! Daily updates from the Joe Martin soon. -Ian

1 comment:

Reno said...

Good luck at Joe Martin.