Sunday, September 04, 2005

Oh, "The Talk."

You know, the Ore to Shore has been over for a couple of weeks now yet guys are still talking smack about that race. I love the fact that I am getting crap for being "blown off the back" in the end. Hey, I will be the first to tell you that I was not having the greatest day and I messed up bad in the sandy downhill. Usually I fly through that section but I took the worst line ever taken there. Still, I hung on the best I could. Did I get rides up by the tandem? Hell ya! Wouldn't you if you had to stop for a mechanical? For godsakes, this is open course racing. It sounds like people were fearful of me getting back on. Don't worry, I felt like crap. As I said before, I had to stop three freak'in times to pull sticks out of my rear deraileur. I have no idea why I get them at the Ore to Shore. Every year! Whatever, all problems in a race are nothing but excuses for a lack luster performance anyhow. For me with the way I was feeling I was glad the tandem was in the area to pick me up after pulling over for stick patrol. While some thought it was "annoying" I thought it was pretty damn funny. The best part about the whole race is that I really don't think anyone in our group thought the Eppens would pull it off. The realization only set in to their minds in the last 8 miles or so. 4-guys should be able to team up on a tandem. Maybe not. We didn't and we are the laughing joke of Midwest mountain biking. No, it is not that bad but it is funny shit though. Hell, we all leeched pulls from the tandem. Just look at the time gap over the 5th place male and beyond.
Speaking of which. I see Tristan Schouten put in a good ride in Vermont. That race was the final for the NORBA series and those East Coast dudes can put it down especially when the rest of the country shows up. Nice finish though.
I finally got rid of that cold after the 24 Hours of Afton. I am still clearing out but back into riding. Whoever came onto the motorhome in that 24 Hours and contaminated us.......errrrrr...
I was planning on doing some WORS races before the Chequamegon but they are on the otherside of Wisconsin. You could win the race and still not cover the gas expense of driving to the race. I really hope these prices in gas become more predictable otherwise it could be the final nail in the coffin for mountain bike racing. These prices are plain stupid. I understand we get a bargain on gas but you cannot raise the prices 120% over a year.
Jesse Lalonde once again proved that he is the fastest mother$%^&#* on a singlespeed. Seriously, this dude is amazing. Now, he needs to go train at Wisconsin Dells on the Go-Carts and he will be complete.
Doug is back and riding strong. Near misses with bear attacks and beautiful fall weather must have kick started his heart again. Danno is riding strong too. The Swansons were cleaning house in the Maplelag race in the Minnesota series.
I think I could have rode my bike to New Orleans and delivered food before the government could fly their expensive cargo jets and helicopter in to help. What in the hell? Have we never experienced a disaster in our country. I thought we were suppose to be better prepared after 9/11? The Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said that "we were not ready for this." What? That is your job dude. You are to be ready for the worst. This is not like a disaster in some third world country, it is the USA and a major city. The Mayor of New Orleans blew up a few days ago in a press conference and I don't blame him. The man needed more help. Looters? Hell, if I was hungry and nobody was giving me food I would be breaking doors down too. There is nothing else to steal since the water damaged everything. Liquor? apparently the shelves are still pretty full in stores that have been broken into. Wal-Mart had all their guns taken. Anyway, if you have old clothes and stuff like that take it down to your local Salvation Army or something. Everything these people own is on their backs, out to sea, or floating in a cesspool of crap.
Time to ride. I love these Fall days. Cool temps and clouds. Ciao -Ian

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life, Liberty and a Tank of Gas
The day after President Bush pleaded with Americans to be prudent in their use of energy, Nestor Zabala pulled into a Baltimore gas station and ignored the commander in chief, topping off the tank of his Honda ...
Hi, this is buffie the body related site. Proceed if you are over the age of 18

Anonymous said...

Hey, most drug use is still illegal. What is this reply comment about? Ian, do yu know?

CXKing said...

Ian,
Who is talking shit? Call them out man; tell us their names.
Oh and while you're sending your clothes and money to the people of New Orleans, send them some dirt too so they can build their city above sea level and avoid this sort of shit.

Ian Stanford said...

First off, I have no idea what that first comment is. Stay away from the link is my best guess. Second, I am not going to call anyone out because that is the whole problem with this elite attitude bullshit being thrown around. Hey, when I see your picture on the front cover of Velo News then you can talk shit. A. because you got on the cover and B. Someone other than Lance got on their. CX King, you know how people talk. All we can do is look over and laugh at them. I still have fun riding my bike, I am not sure they are though.
Third. Yep, you build below the sea it is bound to come back looking for its space.
Fourth, what is up with Michelin mountain bike tires? They have great traction but damn those sidewalls tear up. Off to the shop to seal up a couple new tires for the Cheqfest.

CXKing said...

Good Luck in the 40 Ian. I was hoping you'd call someone out and get everyone mad at you, like I did once (or twice). Oh well, it was worth a try.

Ian Stanford said...

When I win the 40 I won't have a need to call them out. Their word is dead. Thanks man. -Ian

sue said...

感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人