Tuesday, October 25, 2005


Lance. Ya, I think this picture is all sideways. Anyway, I registered for the ride, caught George signing autographs for hundreds, and went over to the AMLI crit. The crit. was right downtown in Austin. I had no idea how I would feel and I also lined up in the back by mistake. After a few laps I moved to the front where Jason Sager, Brad Huff, Mike Creed, and other studs were hanging out. Huff was on breakaway mode and I finally chased one down. Sager came up after that along with a few others. After being absorbed by a small group some absolute idiot hooked me in the first turn and put me down. Road rash and a destroyed front wheel. "Hey Bontrager, have fun with this one." After that I chilled a bit on the lousy road surface. It got dark in the last 6 or so laps and everyone was riding like poo. Jason Sager won and that is pretty cool. The crowds were awesome even if some had un poco mas cerveza.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: