Monday, October 10, 2005


Not sure if this photo is too clear but yes, it is Cher. Why Cher? Well, I was over at the Sheboygen race this past weekend. As I have mentioned before we decided to camp over by Elkhart Lake. As we sat around our humble little campfire our "neighbors", who were drinking Blatz within the confines of their R.V. wagon train circle, began blaring Jonny Cash. Hey, not a problem with that, but they followed it up with 2-hours of pure Cher music. Ouch. That crap gets stuck in your head. If you have Cher in your head while flying through singletrack beware. Trees will step in front of you and for good reason. They are trying to smash your skull to relieve your recent poisoning of Cher. After the Cher barrage I got to hear "Puff the Magic Dragon" three times in a row. These people must have drank enough beer to slip back into their childhood or something. Hell, who even has "Puff the Magic Dragon" in their CD collection. The race went as well as I had expected. I had some motivation but I was just hanging on to the season a bit too long. I finished 7th overall and won my age group. Tristan is the rich guy today with the big win followed by a fairly rich guy in Doug Swanson. Jeff Hall made rent and Brian Matter can pay his cable and phone bill this month. I managed a tank of gas which is a hell of a lot better than coming home empty handed. The Fat Kats had a great course for us and it was fun and hard at the same time. I was heckled as being a "roadie" when I was called up as "Ion Stanford" for my age class reward. Thanks Doug. I didn't get a keychain because of my horrid status. Now I am off the bike until the Ride for the Roses. I was planning on the Saturday night crit. in Austin before the Ride but no way now. The crit. had a loaded field but late October is rest time for me. Weights, Yoga, and Core come in November along with Strength intervals. I will recap the season soon. Until then.....ciao -Ian Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CXKing said...

Holy crap you get a lot of spam comments! Anyway, you are a roadie and should be proud of it!

Jordan Peterson said...

Hey Ian great job at the race check out my blog at www.ridinalongwithjordanpeterson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is getting freak'in ridiculous. How did spam blogging come to be? Attention Cycling Bloggers of the World. How do I block this shit? Thanks -Ian

Eric O. said...

I'm in the same situation.Burn em!
Good job buy the way, and have another beer for me since I don't drink.

Thanks for you visit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ian Stanford said...

O.K you chocolat femme wearing blogger spammer people. I have altered my security on this comment section per the Sickboy so you are finished. That crap was getting purely out of control and damn annoying. And yes, I may just take you up on that beer Eric just after I finish off the Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream. Have a great off-season you all! -Ian