Wednesday, November 23, 2005


The best drummer in the world. Hands down. This guy's band has a new album coming soon. Do you know his name? His band? He is Danny Carey of Tool. If you ever see this band live you have to just watch Danny. Incredible. Dougo is getting married. I knew something was up but I figured it was when he went out to Glacier NP. Anyway, big congrats to the both of them. Turkey Ride 2005 is looking to be a miserable day. I may make the drive up for it but that is about a 20% chance. The USA Cycling 24-Hour National Championships are going to be in Wausau, WI this year. Hmmm. Time to build a team for it. Well, the weights have been kicking my pumpkin bar-eating-ass and they are only going to get heavier (the weights that is). Sessions of spacing out on the fluid trainer are going well. I am not putting as much time on that things this year. I don't know if you know this but a fluid trainer is NEVER fun. Never. It is impossible. Rollers? Well, if you have ever ridden off of them and across the living room into your couch by accident, well that can be kinda fun. Slamming into the front door was not fun. Getting a flat and crashing on the rollers was not fun either. Happy Thanksgiving to all. My advice to everyone who is riding faster than me is to load up on that gravy. I appreciate it. Ciao -Ian Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jordan Peterson said...

Hahahahaha sorry, but the crashing into your coach and hitting the front door absolutely cracked me up!

samo said...

no way!!!you want to see amazing,watch Carter Beauford of The Dave Matthews Band

Ian Stanford said...

Oh he is good too. Definitely in my top 5 percussionists. If I could get a ticket for this Saturday at the Target Center I would go check him out too. I met Carter at this hotel I worked at in Boulder right before, and after, the Dave Matthews Band did the Folsum Field concert. We closed our bar down just so the band could have it in private. Nice guy and hands of iron. -Ian

Matt Henry said...

Nope!!! Neil Peart of RUSH. There is no question who is the man!! It is Neil. As a drummer myself, he is my inspiration! Carter is sick as hell as well, and so is the drummer for Dream Theater. Let's talk drumming...