Monday, January 02, 2006

363 More Days of this Crap

Wow, it is 2006 and the year is moving slow. 363 more days to go until the long awaited 2007. What is so big about 2007 you ask? I have no idea but I should know in about 363 days. Not much new on the homefront. Only 10 more days of the fluid trainer before I can get back on the road out in Colorado. You guys who ride all winter in Minnesota and Wisconsin....well props. You people are some tough dudes and dudettes. I can't do it. I used to but somewhere down the road I began to freeze my ass off entirely. I am serious. It is outright painful.
Right now I am trying to rebuild bikes to sell before Colorado otherwise I have five bikes to drag out there with a sixth being sent to my Colorado address from Giant. Way too many bikes for me. So, if you dig 58cm Trek road bikes and framesets contact me. If you think a 2004 19.5 inch Trek Fuel 100 would put a smile on your face, contact me. If a barely used set of Bontrager Race X-Lite mountain wheels would make your bike go faster next year, you got it, contact me. istanford64@hotmail.com Please don't give this email address to all the girls. I am having a hard enough time with my current population of groupies. Well, hot girls can have it but they have to be smart. I guess that would make them beautiful girls.
Somehow I have been suckered into racing this 24 Hour of Nine Mile in the solo division again for the USA Cycling 24 Hour national Championships. I have raced here before solo and let me tell you, it sucked. It was cool at first but 3am came about and my ass hurt. At least this time I will have some suspension and a support crew. And oh ya, the Motorhome. If you have come to the 24 Hours of Afton over the past two years then you have seen the Penn Cycle Team's rig. The only thing that sucks about the 24/9 this year along with the Tour of Altoona is that they both fall on Dougo's wedding. Now, Doug should know that one of the golden rules of cycling is to always plan your wedding in the off season or at least a slower period of the racing schedule. If we took our 24 Hour team to Wausau we may just have took the 4-man title. I was hoping to take the team to Altoona. That race is sweet......and freak'in hard. But a marriage is built to last forever in life whereas the bike is a hobby. It is a hobby I love and will for the rest of my life but all of us cyclist have to know when to say when. How many relationships has cycling destroyed for you? I lost count a few years ago. Relationships and Cycling both require love, respect, and some sort of commitment. Try to appease both and more often than not something will give. I know, I know "Ian, what are you talking about dude? I can't read this crap anymore."
I don't get back from Colorado until after Joe Martin so I don't get to race with my team until Tour of 10K. That sucks. I am definitely flying back to race with them before that. I do get to do the April training camp with my old team in Moab again. I love that trip. Too fun. Anyway, I am apparently blabbing on so........ciao -Ian

3 comments:

Doug said...

Unless you strategically plan your wedding that day so you have a rock solid excuse not to have to race 24 hour nationals...

Ian Stanford said...

Damn you, did you? I guess that is secretly brilliant. Hmmm. Plus, a wedding is a pretty rock solid excuse. There is no faking that one. -Ian

CXKing said...

I would love to do the 24hr nationals. If you guys need someone for your team let me know. I won't ride my hardest, that way my lap times will be about what Doug's would have been, so it'll be like he was there.