Friday, January 20, 2006


Well, the nice weather a few days ago turned into high winds as this picture indicates. That is snow in the sky from Longs Peak about 15 miles away from Boulder. It takes a serious wind to blow snow like that. Maybe that was evident by the 75 mph wind gusts in town. Ya, the ride was sketchy. I got a bloody nose due to breathing those dry crosswinds. The next day it snowed 3 inches. Today it started to melt and tomorrow we hit it with the group ride out of Amante Coffee for 4-5 hours. The weather is looking less windy and 42 degrees. So, we will start out in the cold. School is going to be tough this semester. Well, really tough is a better way to put it. Constitutional Interpretation is the worst. The book sucks because you have to read it over and over and over again. You need a interpretation book to interpret the interpretation book. Sunday is all about the Broncos. Hey, the were my pick for the Super Bowl anyhow so I am well on my way. Colorado is going nuts and they are not even there yet. Unless something odd happens they got it. Well, more tomorrow. I am trying to get some new shoes dialed in. Ciao -Ian Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog, and nice pictures. Do you always carry a camera when you ride? I've been wanting a light, thin digital camera for riding. What camera do you have?

P.S. I like Tyler too and can't believe he is the type of guy that would do what they say he did. Hope not anyway.

CXKing said...

In case you haven't heard, the Broncos lost to the Steelers.

Ian Stanford said...

Man, I cut my ride short by two hours to give the Broncos the time-of-day. I was already taking a nap by halftime. Those guys didn't even show up. They were so hyped around here in Colorado and that was that. Shave that damn beard Plummer. The Hippie culture is dying. Thankfully.
Camera. I keep it simple with an Olympus 4.1. It isn't the smallest but it has a retractable and closeable lens cover. Important when in the back pocket with gel packets, cell phone, Nature Valley Granola Bars (nice plug eh?) and whatever else crap I drag aong. The secret is to put your camera in an old cycling sock to suck up moisture and keep it in a ziplock bag (Thanks Sager!). More photos tomorrow since the weater is suppose to be great. Today, 12 hours of school. errrrr. -Ian

Eric O. said...

olympus stylus 300.cheap,weather resistant,full metal body,3.2 mp,with 3x zoom.No complaints.I've had it both frosty and damp and it works fine