Wednesday, January 11, 2006


Ya, a 1985 Trek Elance 500. Metallic Blue 531 Reynolds steel. Some of the great features are the Salsa Delgado Cross rims with the Surly singlespeed hubs. She is set up fixed right now. Some like the blue anodized seatpost (Thanks U-Bikes of Boulder), and the incredibly patriotic stars & stripes bar tape. Match that with the extendable Zefal Dog Wacking Baton and you have yourself a street machine. This is my anti- Big Oil Corporations bike. My plan is little-to-no driving in Boulder. when I first moved to Boulder I didn't move my Blazer for 8-months. Ya, take that Exxon/ Mobile. Anyway, this is my new towny bike for Boulder. I will be cruising their spiderweb of bike paths soon enough. I have the fenders tweaked out to fit in the RTD Transit Bus Bike Holders and some serious locks. In Denver the key is multiple locks for your bike. Of course, I am running a day behind so I will be making that 12.5 hour drive to Boulder on Friday. If you could take out Nebraska and it's 7-hours of pure driving enjoyment you would have a fairly short trip on your hands. Talk soon. -Ian Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Matt said...

Are you moving out to Boulder or is it an extended stay?

Jordan Peterson said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet bike!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the 175 miles from Julesberg, CO to around Ft. Lupton! That sucks as bad as NE, albeit that you are at LEAST in CO.

Matt Henry

Ian Stanford said...

Ya, that part is no different than Nebraska. It is Nebraska with worse roads. This trip to Boulder is just an extended stay. While a great town it can also be a rat race. -Ian

andy said...

what kinda gearing you running? 44x15 on my fixed is a little tall for just easy cruising...

Ian Stanford said...

44X16 is the gearing. I still have to remember that it is fixed sometimes. It kinda rides like my mountain bike at Chequamegon this past year but with no gears.

andy said...

After riding a crapload on my fixie this winter I almost wish I could have a fixed-gear derailleur bike with multiple speeds. Climbing on the fixt is an interesting feeling....