Thursday, February 02, 2006


My ode to Jesse. I noticed yesterday that I am starting to see more and more of these little ass liquor bottles along the side of the road. I never really saw many around Boulder before. Now, in Tucson........thousands of them. Well, not much new going on besides the fact that I am going to race some collegiate races with the new Metro State College of Denver Cycling Team. It shoud be good fun. USA Cycling finalized the Marathon schedule so it looks like my first "A" race will be March 24th back down in Phoenix. It is only a Marathon at the National level and will run along with the Nova classic. Since I have no intention of going to Phoenix twice this year I am canning the Valley of the Sun. Today, I started working out in the mountains so more. Hitting the climbs with some controlled mild intensity. Tomorrow, those road could be a bit slick. The high country is looking at 12 to 24 inches tonight and tomorrow. I changed the look of my blog but it erased all my links. So, I have to get them all back in. Enjoy your rides and if you know of any good mountain bike sponsors........-Ian Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you pick that up or did you drink it on the ride?

J

Ian Stanford said...

I bought it, took it on a ride, ran out of gel, slammed some Green Apple Twist vodka, chucked it on the side of the road to fit in with the locals, and then picked it up to fit in with the other locals. a lot of peer pressure out here to drink, ride, throw crap on the road, and to clean up the trash. -Ian

Anonymous said...

I usually stick to sambuca, I like the black licorice taste when I am riding.

J

Ian Stanford said...

Blanco or Negro? Sambuca Romano or Opal Nera is some good stuff. I don't see enough of those bottles on the side of the road. Man, people are missing out. -Ian