Tuesday, February 07, 2006


Ummm chocolate. I love chocolate. I especially love this stuff the "Donut" got me hooked on. Hey, I justify eating it by the scientific fact that dark chocolate does some good for you. Antioxidant you know. Anyway, this is the stuff. If God came on down here this is the chocolate he would buy. Now, I don't sit around and eat chocolate all day. No, today I was doing tempo intervals up in the Lefthand Canyon. Saw JHK up there spinning out the mountain bike. It was pretty nice up there until the winds shifted and started coming down the canyon road. That quicky turned a 3 percent climb in to a 10 percenter. Fed Ex dropped off 12 cases of Oats and Honey Nature Valley Granola Bars today. Now, I really wish they would have mixed up the flavs a bit but they are not for me to eat. Luckily, they still don't send the chewy ones anymore (do to high retail demand) otherwise I would be getting fat off of chocolate and chewy granola bars. Speaking of getting fat, I have been eating like a monster out here with the constant 4+ hour days. Yet, I jumped on the scale tonight and showed a 150. That is my race weight which means I need to eat more chocolate. Not a problem. Hope you are all anticipating this next season. It should be a fun one. Hope to see you out there. -Ian Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
LeftHand is actually 5-8%! Going through Ward is 12-15%!! Give yourself some credit, why don't cha. I mean, it's not Sunshine or Lee Hill, but damn... You the man!

Ian Stanford said...

I am horrible with gradients. Seriously. The Chilkook in the nature Valley Grand Prix is forever messed up my head on what is steep and what is a damn wall. -Ian

Ian Stanford said...

By the way, I can't type because I am on a piece of crap Mac.

Eric O. said...

Chilkoot is ONLY in the mid to lower 20's.I think they advertise it to be like 23 or 24 but it was lower than that on my inclinometer.
Regardless,it hurts! I've been wanting to go up it lately but they have it closed off for the winter.

Anonymous said...

Is inclinometer a word?

Anonymous said...

It is for dudes that have way too much time on their hands...

Eric O. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric O. said...

Inclinometer-part# cy9500 in QBP

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Ian Stanford said...

inclinometer or no inclinometer, if I kill chocolate bars like that last one I won't have to worry about getting up the Chilkook. Isn't chocolate Jan's big weakness? No, all is good. I rode up Flagstaff three times today and there are some sctions that I would love to know the gradient.....or maybe not -Ian