Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pipp'ed

Well, last weekend saw me make a couple trips down to the Madison, Wisconsin area. Saturday we raced the Circuit of Sauk II. Good race, hilly, windy, and Frank Pipp showed up to keep the speed up. After an initial selection Frank killed a climb in the second lap. Two of us stayed on and formed a three-man break from there. I tempo'ed the last climb to keep Pipp at bay but with 100 meters to go from the top I figured he was waiting for another place to jump. Of course, right when you think that then they jump. I chased hard and almost had him but he pulled away on the downhill and I finished 10 seconds behind him in Second place, my teammate, Jen Brabbit came in Fourth.
Sunday we did the Wheels on Willy Crit. I felt strong but never really got comfortable on the course. I couldn't find the lines. I attacked a few times and got off in a solo break for a few laps. I took a prime and then basically sat up in the final lap as everyone was diving for corners and acting stupid. A fun weekend and our junior rider, Jens, is riding well. Even our cat. 3 rider, Greg Brandt was killing it in the crit. Gavic? You are a freak. The new steed. Thanks HED! Now some minor adjustments for some comfort. Speed is crucial this year. TT wheels and ditch the saddle bag and I will have myself my own little rocket ship. It is very "Stealth" like. I hope the finishline timing block can pick it up as it passes through its radar.
Burn you dirty bastards! Yep, crooks can dress up nice too.
I normally do not watch American Idol but last night I got dragged into it by the family. Here is what I think. Taylor sounds like a lounge singer, has no range, and is moron. The chick could sing and had a great smile. But most of all.......Prince still rocks the house. The King of Cool. Have a great long weekend. Ciao -Ian

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm, actually I will admit to watching nearly every week of American Idol, if not just for the absolute stunning beauty that is Katherine McPhee, the "chick" that you mention. Dude, she is so sexy!!!

Ian Stanford said...

Yes, I kinda skirted around that fact. That is where that "smile" comment was orginating from.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Mudcat's wedding. I expect full details on your next blog entry...

CXKing said...

The world is ending...

I agree with Ian that Prince is awesome.

Thor said...

that is a sexy tt setup. I hope to see it in action later this year...Cascade? Toona?

Eric O. said...

Me and my bro are going to SD,and Wyoming for the 4th of July week.I'm just wondering if you know any good rides in wyoming.Mtb& road rides.We seek long twisty ascents with good scenery.