Sunday, November 19, 2006

Where do we go, where do we go now

Wow, amazing how life can change at the blink of an eye. I recently has a death in my immediate family that was not forseen. Life that ends tragically that close to you and to those you love is always shocking. For me, it is more of a mystery and has me looking at my own life more closely. It should, these are the wake-up calls we should act on. It creates that realm of realization of how fragile life is. I know what I was doing when my cousin's husband died. I was no worse for wear when it happened because I was unaware that it was happening at the time. It is strange because it make you realize that life is happening all around you, from different angles, with different plots, various outcomes, and alike and different than your own. Yet, we seem to always look at our own the most. It is the argument of "selfishness" vs. "alturism." You have to break out some Rand to understand all that. It already has caused me to make some changes in my life, and I guess if there is anything about death we should take it should be learning.
"Every man is what he is today because of his thoughts and actions of yesterday" -Bruce Lee

No comments: