Thursday, January 04, 2007

Blogging like it is winter

Ya, no winter and not much to blog about. Minnesota in January and the plants are turning green. Not that I am complaining, but its not right.
Beer of the week. Yep, New Glarus has done it now. Taking coffee (good stuff) and brewing it into Stout (really good stuff) makes really really good stuff. Add the fact that this little brewery rules and you have a serious bottle of beer. Now, I can't seem to find it at my local New Glarus outpost. Is it all just a dream? Tomorrow begins the next season. Why? I am driving 700 miles for a bike related meeting with my new Abercrombie and Fitch Pro Development Cycling Team. Since the drive has to do with cycling I can safely assume that it is game on for 2007. While I am still in the weightroom and taking it easy on the trainer, that will all take an abrupt shift in the next couple weeks. Those dreaded indoor, hanging over the bars, cursing the sky and the clock, and wanting to cry maybe a little bit type intervals. But I guarantee you, they do make you stronger. A couple weeks of that with some base to follow, and then back to the intervals before a rest into 2007 racing.
For all you Midwest people that have had your head in a hole lately, our own John Devine scored the big gig with Discovery Channel Pro Cycling starting July 1st. Big congrats to him and keep pursuing your dream.

1 comment:

Mark B. said...

Hey, Ian, thought I'd check in on you. It's been a while since I checked out your blog. Congrats, on your new gig with A&F! Sounds good.

This winter sucks on the Colorado front range, as I'm sure you've heard. Another storm moving in tonight. The third storm in three weeks. And, another one they are eyeing for next weekend. We could have snow on the ground all winter the way it's going. I never thought I'd wish I lived east of Kansas City. I was just in Phoenix for a week and the weather actually sucked there too. Of course it got nice the day I left.

Hope you have a great '07!

-Mark