Sunday, February 04, 2007

Star Wars again

It seems that this time of year brings me back to the days where I was snowboarding on Hoth. However, over the years I have become soft in the cold. Partly because Colorado was so damn mild compared to..........-12F today! My god! No wonder. I used to be in an Arctic Infantry unit and now I cry when I go outside, "why me God, why me?" Well, once again I did not wrap up that winning Powerball number combo last night so nothing is going to change. A Snowtrooper I am not. Who cares, they were bad shots anyhow. Now this guy was a Snowtrooper. I think Hampsten proved to us all that he is simply a machine. Lets see Lance or Floyd do this? Pantani could and Tyler rode with missing limbs or something.
Wampa
So, until it either warms the F up or I get out of here for Georgia I will continue to "coffee" myself and sleep in a snowmobile suit to keep from freezing. My body put some fat on me so that is actually good. I am hoping that my radiator has not cracked, my Excel energy bill doesn't break me, and that the five comforters on my bed are not a fire hazard. Shouldn't be, I stopped smoking in bed years ago. Dangerous, dangerous thing.

I envy you Zirbel! www.tomzirbel.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tauntauns were quite susceptible to extreme cold. Couldn’t even reach the first marker. They were warm blooded bipedal carnivores like most humans. If you don’t mind what they smell like on the inside, then slice open a gash along the stomach and crawl inside for some warmth.

Ian Stanford said...

Can't reach the first marker? Well, then I will see you in Hell! A little Solo there.

Anonymous said...

How many times have you watched the triligy so far this winter?

Ian Stanford said...

Only once so far. If this weather keeps up I may even sink so low as to watch those three new lousy Star Wars that came out. Nope, I wouldn't sink that low.