Saturday, October 13, 2007

The season's end is close at hand


First off, I would like to award the "Golden Dog Poo" award to the mofo who's dog fouled up my cross bike today while I trained in a local park. To the owner....would you squat in the middle of a park, take a crap, and then leave it? O.k, so why is that o.k for your dog to do so? Pick that crap up man.
Anyway, the body is not reacting to the cross training. I am tired. Period. Tomorrow's Boom Island should be re-named for my coming performance, "KaBoom Island." Hopefully getting my ass kicked will get me re-motivated as well. It has been awhile since I raced last or really trained for that matter. Work has been killing me man. Tomorrow is fully dedicated to getting back into it. Today I had my barriers dialed but by the end I was sucking it up pretty bad.
I have to love this town I live in. Local police nationwide are finding themselves slightly underfunded by the State and Federal levels, so they rely on other sources of income like traffic stops and citations. Well, Winona has a whole pile of moron drunk drivers especially with our college crowd, and the Winona PD has been quick to cash in. Hell ya, get em all I say. Everyday the newspaper is loaded with the recent DUI reports. If the Winona PD is good at anything it is picking up the stupid drunks. For a Winona police officer that is like shooting bird shot into a flock of birds. You are going to get something in multiple numbers for sure. I hate drunk drivers so I am all for the aggressivness of the local law enforcement.
Boulder is up in the air if I can't find someone to drive out there with me. I may fly but that is $$ dependant. Plus, there is a wedding on that weekend that I should attend. Who knows? Maybe Thanksgiving with the old crew sounds better anyhow. Lets all watch Zirbel "Down under" at the Jayco Herald Sun Tour.
And how about the first running of the Monte Paschi Eroica in Italy? It is a race that used the famous white gravel roads around Sienna. Looked pretty to cool to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the owner....would you squat in the middle of a park, take a crap, and then leave it? O.k, so why is that o.k for your dog to do so? Pick that crap up man.

It's Winona. So, more than likely. Talk about a town with tons of potential, but absolutely no direction.

Sorry for the rant, I'm feeling good after a couple of Twisted Pines! Good luck crossin'

Ian Stanford said...

Twisted Pines? Boulder? Well, you are correct on the "absolutely no direction" remark about Boulder. A blast from the past would best describe our little river town.