Friday, November 09, 2007

The Lull between the seasons

I saw snow today. In fact, it came down pretty hard for a while. In the meantime, I sit and watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The snowy scenes of New Zealand start causing you to search out possible powder stashes and killer lines in the mountains. The summer scenes make you dream about sick singletrack. Maybe it is because the snowboarding in New Zealand is supposed to be bad-ass, and the mountain biking matches that description. Anyway, I purchased a new Burton Custom X 64 for the season. I figure my ankle has had enough time to heal, the shorter board will leave less stress on it, and I need something else to do other than fluid trainer brain drainers all winter long.
No 'cross this weekend due to a medical emergency in my family. All is well now but it was hell earlier. I figure I should stick around and just wait until the Minnesota State Cross race next weekend.
Other than that riding has been kept to a minimum. I just hate the cold. Any cold. But, tomorrow I will go and brave it out. Man, it isn't really even that cold yet so I better find some cajones fairly soon or this is going to be a long winter. Just give me time. Until then, I will sit and watch snowboard vids and keep the stoke on. Ciao -Ian

No comments: