Sunday, February 15, 2009

AToC and Mr. Zirbel


Well, the crowds looked huge for the Prologue of the Tour of California. Zirbel, posted a 12th place, 5-seconds back

(Photo by Graham Watson)
Off his start he looked like either a gust of wind caught him or he his that funny bump in the pavement oddly. Quite a few rider had quick and almost disasterous issues with this spot. The U-Turn was interesting as well.

(Photo by Darren Maden)
In the end I am sure Zirbel was seeking the mid-top 10's. His time was right there. It just came down to the fractions of seconds that are so crucial in the short Prologue like this. Hmmmm, interesting rear disc he has there. Hmmmmm. It will be interesting to see what he thought of it. Now, we just need to get some speed off of a front wheel.
I still expect big things ou of Thor on the time trial next week. That will be the One!
Great race, now I wish I had cable. Is this on cycling.TV? I will find it somewhere.
Sun Country had the flights, I didn't have the money, but I am sick of winter so I am off to Tucson March 13th-18th. Thank God. Let me know if you are going to be down there. Ciao -Ian

No comments: