Sunday, March 22, 2009

More from sandlands


Nice view. Same photo as last year, the year before, and the year before. Taken from the same seat and the same pitstop on the same long ride.

I slept down this way. Of course, no bikes down in the basement.

The day I arrived a rider had been hit from behind and killed on Old Spanish Trail. My first day was out on Old Spanish Trail and it was sad to see this.

When I Arizona. Whether you like Maynard's music or not (Tool, Perfect Circle, Puscifer) you are sure to like his wine. Maynard is also a vineyer. Along with a couple other wine masters, he started a couple vineyards between Phoenix and Flagstaff. The Stronghold wine was probably one of the best red wines I have ever tasted. Sorry, not in Minnesota until 2011. Still, when in Arizona....

No Oaks here, just gigantic Saguaros.