Friday, April 24, 2009

Random thoughts and photos


Well, this is the bike I am riding right now. Still property of Matt Williams since I am broke and have to make payments to the Man. Still, Specialized came through with a good deal for the Grandstay Team. I am riding a 56cm Specialized Tarmac Pro, Thomson stem and seatpost, Hed Stinger 6 carbon tubulars, Bontrager Race X-Lite Pro 23cc Tubulars, Sram Red components except for the Specialized Crankset and Shimano DA 7800 brake calipers, Selle Italia Classic Flite (looking for another one if you have one to sell), Kestrel Classic bend carbon bars, and Bontrager carbon bat cages.
The Hed Stingers are fast. Nothing more to say about that. With the V-shaped tire well, gluing a tubular is easy since the tire literally self-centers. Brake adjustments takes a few tricks and Shimano calipers seem to be best suited for this. Very stiff wheels. Sprint and I feel no flex. None.
The frameset is much more forgiving than the Scott Addict. Not so much that it takes away from performance. This frame is built to race, go long, and finish the ride off. The 27.2 seatpost remains stiff but takes some of the bite out of the stiff rear triangle. Everything else is what it is.

Photo from team camp a few weeks ago.

Not the cause of my allergies!

4 pairs of pocket-pairs at our team camp poker game. I had the pocket aces. Last card up? Ace. Bingo. Thanks guys.

Fed Ex simply had to send this from Minneapolis to Winona. 110 miles max. Thank god the Hed crew knows how to pack wheels. Wheels were untouched. Box? touched.
O.k, got to go sneak in an hour before volunteering my bartending services to a large Breast Cancer benefit here in Winona. Ciao

1 comment:

Rene Macias said...

Hey Ian! Nice ride. I'm getting back into the racing scene. If Lance can do - I guess I can try to. Give me a call... Rene (Loveland, Colorado)